Currently accepting votes for the Designer's Choice Award.
Remember the ID numbers of your favorite designs.
You will need them for voting.
Powai lake, near IIT Bombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400076.
• A site with a buffer space filled with natural body.
• Concept: Site with an urban scape represents chaos and site with country side scape represents isolation with difficulty in accessibility, therefore the memorial is built on a site with a buffer space between the urban scape and site to maintain peace.
• The buffer space is a natural body(trees) to provide a sense of space.
• To create a focal point this represents the importance of the space and to create awareness of the situation.
• This pandemic has caused 600 people to die every day. Every death has imprinted fear and sorrow in every soul. So the main motive was to represent every grave as a rise of hope and positivity.
• Petals with a central space(Flower concept) : The glowing of the petals in all directions represents positivity that every situation will be healed in the future ( Refer Image 1&4)
• Curve roofs evolving from the central space(Glowing of a flower) with perforations and names written in between the spaces of it: This represents a rise of hope when light enters in the space( Refer Image 1 & 3)
• Every petal is on a particular height from the central space, therefore a ramp passage is provided: This represents the progressive path towards a destination that has a viewing point.
• From the ramp passage, small pathways run towards the roof with alternate lawns and flower gardens: This represents the journey of the people who were covid arrest. The alternate lawns and flower gardens are the ups and downs of life respectively. The journey travelled by the covid arrest will be reminisced by their friends, family and relatives through the same pathway to reconnect with your beloved ones and spread warmth.
• The slits in the roof fall on the boundary of the pathway replicating the hope in the morning and will be lightened with artificial lights at night(Refer Image 1& 5)
• The central space consists on sunken seating like an amphitheatre along the water body for people to use it as a multipurpose space. This helps into connecting the personal space with community. The personal impact along with the community impact can be visualized.
• Curve roof: Glass fiber reinforced plastics panel (GFRP) and curtain wall structural framework.
• Properties: GFRP are strong and durable. There is no visual deterioration. It is very lightweight and can be molded into complex shapes and is very low maintenance. Curtain wall structural is made up of aluminum. Both materials are stable and durable.
• The framework runs in both directions with paneling in between which is 1.5 x 4.5 x 0.27 m.
• Aesthetics: White colour of the GFRP shows unity and peace as well as reflects the harsh light from the sun.
View the Listing Sheet PDF
for this submission